In 1930 Robert Beale senior and his son Arthur Robert Beale, builders of their day, built the houses on Eastern Promenade that our business premises occupy. In 1937 Arthur Robert Beale with his wife Lilian May opened Beales Park Fish Restaurant, cooking on a coal fired range, while fish was collected from the harbour by hand trolley.
Through the second world war, soldiers of many nationalities came to shop, some eating their chips from their helmets, while their rifles were stored in the toilets.
Then enlisting the help of their elder children Mary, John & June, Park Fish Restaurant became an established part of Porthcawl. In the mid 1970’s youngest son and war baby Arthur William and wife Marilyn took the helm, firmly establishing Beales as the place to go in South Wales for the best Fish & Chips.
Then in 2005 their children and the 3rd generation of Nicholas, Gareth & Helen modernised and extended the premises to include a new restaurant and expanded takeaway. Incorporating state of the art equipment to deal with the increased capacity and maintain our high standards. Recently extending the restaurant in the winter of 2018, adding a cosy upstairs seating area with modern log burner for those cold winter days, increasing capacity to 90 covers.
Widely regarded as the place to come for the finest fish & chips from far and away!